1. Be honest with yourself and give away anything in your closet that makes you feel crappy when you wear it. I know you absolutely love some of these pieces and cannot imagine giving them away. If you are really attached, box them up and ship them out of the closet for now. I urge you to try this because if you get rid of styles that make you feel icky, then you will never feel this way again, get rid of the problem.
2. Focus on the styles that make you feel incredible!!! Make two categories, one section, you feel 100% amazing in and the others you feel pretty good in most of the time.
3. When shopping for new things, make sure they match up with styles you already have. Of course follow the same rule, only buy things you feel amazing in. The idea is to kick styles to the curb that are not increasing your true awesomeness.
4. Try following these rules for a month and forget about your outfit, enjoy your life without having to worry about your wardrobe. Think of it as a feel good diet. The more you feel great, the more you can enjoy moving, walking, working and being!
5. Notice the fabrics you feel the best in. At a young age I noticed fabrics and textures made a huge difference in the way clothing fit. Choose things that let your skin breath and flatter your beautiful self. Pick the fabric you feel best in and get rid of the rest. If you are on a budget this may take a year or more but if you are thinking about it consciously you will eventually find success and feeling great is worth it!